The Purchase Fire Department responded to a total of 78 calls in April. So far in 2023, the Purchase Fire Department has responded to 235 calls of service. Below is a breakdown of Fire Department activity for the month of April.
• (30) Mutual/Automatic Aid Requests Out of District
• (14) Motor Vehicle Accidents
• (14) Highway Incidents
• (10) Structural Related Fires
• (2) Aircraft Standbys at HPN
• Multiple Alarm Fire in Port Chester
• 10-75 (Working Fire) in Port Chester
• Train vs Pedestrian in Harrison
• Several relocations including Port Chester, West Nyack, White Plains.
• Small fire at SUNY Purchase College
• Driver Training
• Pumps Ops
• Aircraft Firefighting
• Aircraft Staging Drill at HPN
We are excited to announce the addition a 2nd Assistant Chief to our Command Staff in the upcoming weeks. In 2022, the Department saw its highest number of calls in its history with 789 total calls. This was nearly at 70% percent increase in calls over the past 10 years. This new position will help absorb the workload with the increased call volume, many new development projects coming to the district and day to day administration duties.
Interested in learning more about joining the Purchase Fire Department?
Complete a short interest form on our Website at Purchasefd.com under the “Get Involved” section and a member of our recruitment team will be in contact with you!