|January Month In Review|
|By Chief of Department|
|February 1, 2022|
January proved to be a very busy month for the Purchase Fire Department. The Department responded to 78 calls of service during the month ranging from structure fires, motor vehicle accidents and utility emergencies. Below is a breakdown of activity for the month of January.
• (29) Highway Responses
• (28) Motor Vehicle Accidents
• (20) Automatic/Mutual Aid ( Out of District)
• (5) Structural Related Fires (STRU)
• (2) MVA with extrication
• (2) Motor Vehicle Fires
• 2nd Alarm Fire in Port Chester
• Numerous water, gas & electric emergencies.
• Members completed their annual bailout refresher.
• Engine Company Operations including standpipe stretches.
• Vehicle extrication & stabilization.
• Aerial Ladder Operations including ladder pipe operations.
• Members stood-by for numerous Winter Storm Stand-by’s during the month.
• Ladder 53 was placed into service.
• Apparatus was equipped with HASS Alert Safety Cloud, a collision prevention service that alerts other drivers on the road that an emergency vehicle is on-scene.
Interested in joining or are you a firefighter in the area? Fill out an applicant interest form on our website at purchasefd.com for more information on becoming a member or a mutual aid firefighter.